[b-greek] RE: EF' hWi in Rom 5.12

From: Iver Larsen (iver_larsen@sil.org)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 08:15:47 EST

> Greetings all:
>
> I'd like some input on EF' hWi in Rom 5.12. What is the antecedent of
> hWi? It is tagged as neuter in Accordance, but can be masculine. If
> neuter, it cannot have a single substantive as its antecedent. Any ideas?
>
> Steven Lo Vullo
> Madison, WI

BAGD says under EPI that the implied substantive is TOUTWi - based on this
(fact), namely that ALL have sinned, then death came to ALL people.
I believe this is a general principle with Greek relatives. If it is hard to
find the antecedent, we may look for an implied demonstrative or personal
pronoun.

Iver Larsen