[b-greek] Re: Virus

From: Robin Adamo (radamo@wt.net)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 14:39:24 EST

How does one know if they've received this virus? Is there a way to
confirm or identify it?

Yesterday, something completely disabled my hard drive. My computer is
less than a year old, so we were suspicious of a virus. But I have not
opened an email attachment in months and I have an automatic virus
scanner, so now my husband is worried about a defective hard drive. He
commented that he has never seen anything "smoke" a hard drive like this
before. Thankfully, he is computer savvy enough to get me up and running
again, but things are not the same. My mail box was wiped out (I have
Outlook Express), along with all my saved links, and all loading short
cuts. No telling what else was damaged - I haven't had a chance to check
everything yet.

Dr. Mann's post has me wondering about this new virus, because I started
having boot-up problems in the last couple of days (right after joining
this group). I sure hope *I* didn't start or contribute to this whole
thing. BTW, I am reading this at the web site because emails from this
group are not coming through to my box for some reason.

Regards,
Robin Adamo

P.S. I intend to write a formal thank you for the advice on my husband's
Greek studies and opinions on interlinear bibles. I would have done it
yesterday had my computer not failed. For now, just let me say that the
information has been extremely helpful (and greatly appreciated).