[b-greek] Rom 5:1 PISTEOS

From: Glen L Naftaniel (glensmail@juno.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 18:02:23 EST

Hello all,

I am trying to understand Rom 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by
faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, (NKJ)

My question is about the "by faith." I am wanting to know what the
antecedent of "faith" (PISTEOS) is. I am thinking that it refers back to
"us who believe" (hUMAS hOIS MELLEI), in chapter 4:24 "but also for us.
It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord
from the dead," (NKJ)

Is this grammatically correct?

Also, can an antecedent be a pronoun?

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated and thank you in
advance.

Glen Naftaniel
glensmail@juno.com