[b-greek] RV: Re: NIPTW

From: Braulio Barillas (parakal@quetzal.net)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 00:00:57 EST

-----Mensaje original-----
De: SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH [mailto:cms@dragon.com]
Enviado el: Martes, 15 de Enero de 2002 03:28 a.m.
Para: Biblical Greek
CC: cms@dragon.com
Asunto: [b-greek] Re: NIPTW

In a discussion on another list, we were discussing 2 Samuel 11:8 in
which David tells Uriah, "Go down to your house and bathe your feet,"
and I agreed with another poster who said this expression using the
word NIPSAI in the Septuagint means "sexual intercourse." What is the
Hebrew word here and does it mean sexual intercourse? There are
numerous other places in Scripture where it clearly does not mean
sexual intercourse. One poster suggested that Jesus is homosexual
because he bathes the feet of his disciples in John 13. This, of
course, is preposterous, and I don't think the poster was serious, but
how does one linguistically distinguish between the two meanings?

Thanks.

Cindy Smith

Sorry for write in Spanish.
Quizá el significado sexual que se le pueda dar a este verso, puede arrancar
del pensamiento de David, que indiscutiblemente ya ha elucubrado su pecado y
desea probar a su súbdito: el lavado de pies en su casa despues de las
jornadas de lucha incitan a acostarse con su mujer (verso ll) pensamientos
que Urías desecha y por esa razón no baja a su casa. Recordemos que la
continencia sexual era una ley religiosa de la guerra.
Qué pensariamos,si hoy inmediatamente despues de un retiro espiritual, el
pastor obsequiara afrodisiacos a los participantes?
Braulio Barillas
parakal@quetzal.net
Guatemala, city Central America