[b-greek] Re: sinaiticus copies

From: Wieland Willker (willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 03:25:04 EST

> Fellow Greek students, where can I find printed copies of Codex
> Sinaiticus that are realatively inexpensive?

AFAIK a facsimile is not available.

For transcripts check out:

http://home.t-online.de/home/a-aleph.verlag/angebote.htm
http://home.t-online.de/home/a-aleph.verlag/info_sin.htm
Codex Sinaiticus
This text gives all the readings of the three most ancient codices Alexandrinus,
Vaticanus and Sinaiticus.
This text is printed in accented Greek just as you know it from your UBS GNT. The variants
are printed in-between. Very well done, good paper and binding.
price: 41 Euro

http://concordant.org/catalog/index.html
CONCORDANT GREEK TEXT
"This text gives all the readings of the three most ancient codices Alexandrinus,
Vaticanus and Sinaiticus. An ultra-literal English sublinear is provided. Readings variant
from the basic text are given in the superlinear."
[This text is printed in Scriptio Continua" all-Uncial letters, just as the originals.
Difficult to read of course, but worth the experience. Not so good paper.]
price: 18 $

PS: I have not checked the accuracy of these volumes, but it looks carefully done.

It is also always a good idea to check out the Reuben Swanson Greek NT Manuscript volumes,
which are still available for a good price at:
http://www.dfscott.com/bibal%20books/Greek%20Manuscripts.asp
Strongly recommended. Everybody with an interest in GNT variants should have these!
price: 55$ for all 4 volumes of the Gospels.

Best wishes
    Wieland
      <><
Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany