[b-greek] Re: Mat 26:75 and Mat 27:8

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 14:02:50 EST

At 17:21 04/03/02, B. D. Colt wrote:

>2. Mat 27:8
>The information pop-up (in Logos) says that SEMERON is an adverb,
>and so does BAGD. So what's with the article? I note several
>instances cited in BAGD where SEMERON has an article, but I can't
>find anything to explain it. Wallace might well cover it, but I can't
>guess where from the Table of Contents. Maybe someone with a

Two approaches, using Logos

Do search on: ADVERB in Wallace, in the list of 41 hits click on:
  " As a Substantiver ( with certain parts of speech ) "

Scroll down "Library Browser" for Wallace,go to :
The Article | Part One | D.3
where you will find this:
The article can turn almost any part of speech into a noun: adverbs,
adjectives, prepositional phrases, particles, infinitives, participles, and
even finite verbs. As well, the article can turn a phrase into a nominal
etc. etc. etc.

and bear in mind that:
" _today_ like ' today ' in the sense of _the present time_ "
Zerwick, Maximilian,& Grosvenor, Mary. A Grammatical Analysis of the Greek
New Testament. Rome, 1988.

>paper copy can refer me?

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]