[b-greek] Re: Bible Study Software

From: SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH (cms@dragon.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 18:38:27 EST

>From: MX%"michelle_vetter@hotmail.com" "Michelle Vetter" 11-MAR-2002 06:12:47.38
>To: MX%"b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu"
>Subj: [b-greek] Bible Study Software

>Hi!

>I'm new to b-greek, and in Greek 2 at New Orleans Baptist Theological
>Seminary. I plan to get an MDiv in Advanced Biblical Studies from
>Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary to be a Bible translator or Bible
>study and discipleship materials translator.

>I am planning to buy some Bible software in the next few weeks, and would
>like recommendations. I am thinking that BibleWorks looks the best for what
>I want to do, but I know Logos has just released Original Languages
>software. I know that BibleWorks gives free updates forever, but the
>ability to add more stuff at will is cool with Logos or a STEP program. Any
>suggestions or recommendations?

I've been using BibleWorks for several years now and have been very
pleased with it. I think Logos software can be used profitably along
with BibleWorks 5.0. I like the way BW allows one to move the cursor
over a Greek word and see the definition and parsing information as
well as notes from different English versions. I'm also quite fond of
the ability to perform multi-translation searches with one command.
Does anyone know if Logos can do this? Anyway, if you're interested
strictly in a Bible tool, BW 5.0 is the way to go, but if you're
interested in other works of the ancient world, you might want to
invest in Logos too.

Good luck and God bless.

>Thanks,
>Michelle Vetter

Cindy Smith I have further observed under the sun that
cms@dragon.com The race is not won by the swift,
cms@5sc.net Nor the battle by the valiant;
cms@romancatholic.org Nor is bread won by the wise,
                        Nor wealth by the intelligent,
Me transmitte sursum, Nor favor by the learned.
        Caledoni! -- JPS Ecclesiastes 9:11