[b-greek] Re: Acts 14:1

From: Chuck Tripp (ctripp@ptialaska.net)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 11:36:09 EST

I have a slightly different take on the function of KATA TO AUTO in Acts
14.1. When I first looked at it, it struck me as meaning something like "in
the same way.' I.e. in the same way the went into the synagogue like they
did previously in their previous stop. But flipping through my 2nd line
Thayers, it lists 'KATA TO AUTO' as meaning 'together' in their entry for
AUTOS (III.1). I am not sure I buy that but that's what it says.

The infinitives are a little more straight forward. They are linked to
EGENETO.

EGENETO...EISELQEIN...KAI LALASAI....hWSTE PISTEUSAI...

I can't quote to you an exact grammatical name for that but I am pretty sure
that is what is happening. You need the context to know who is doing what
with regard to the infinitives.

Chuck Tripp
Kodiak Alaska