[b-greek] 1 Cor. 2:15

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 20:59:38 EST

<x-flowed>

hO DE PNEUMATIKOS ANAKRINEI MEN PANTA
AUTOS DE hUP' OUDENOS ANAKRINETAI

"The one who is spiritual understands/discerns all things, yet he himself is
understood/discerned by no one"

To which one commentary suggests:
the person without the S/spirit can not
understand the person with the S/spirit.

The last part of this is what is troubling me.
In what sense is this person understood/discerned by NO ONE?

I can see that a person without the Spirit would not be
capable of understanding him on matters related to spiritual things,
but those with the Spirit certainly would be able to understand him.
How is it that he is understood by no one? Most seem to supply
a missing modifier, as in: by no one (among the YUCIKOS ANQRWPOI).

Any help would be appreciated

Mark Wilson