[b-greek] Re: Textbooks for Principles of Exegesis Class

From: David J. Sugg (djsugg@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 20:41:56 EST

I would suggest looking at "New Testament Exegesis, A Handbook for
Students and Pastors" by Gordon D. Fee( Westminster Press, 1983). The
small booklet "Doing Biblical Exegesis" by Richard P. Belcher (Richbarry
Press, 1985) could also be a useful guide, depending on how much
experience those taking the class have had.

I also like "Toward and Exegetical Theology" by Wallter C. Kaiser, Jr.
(Baker Book House, 1981. I also have "Introducing New Testament
Interpretation", part of the Guides to New Testament Exegesis series, with
Scott McKnight as editor (Baker Book House, 1989).

Just thought I would send some suggestions I have profited from in my
study.

Dave Sugg