[b-greek] Re: Romans 1:16

From: Jack Stewart (jack_stewart_@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 02:21:22 EST

<x-flowed>

Hello -
I think I understand most of what is going on in this verse except why it
can't be translated:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel[.] For the power of God is "to the end
of" salvation..etc.

i.e. why isn't DUNAMIS QEOU simply the subject of ESTIN thus making 16[b]
independent of 16[a]? why is ESTIN necessarily connected to EUAGGELION?

thanks,

Jack Stewart