Features of SCREENWRIGHT
Screenwright has many features for the screenwriting student:
- Two learning tracks: one for "tree people" (who like to plan first)
and one for "forest people" (who like to jump right into a script).
- 12 different "modules" for easy progression through the course.
- Review of seven different screenplay paradigms, all of which emerge
from beginning-middle-end storytelling.
- Step-by-step guides to writing an original screenplay (one for each
- Complete structural analysis of over two dozen successful movies/scripts from half
a century of movie making.
- Complete articles by Charles Deemer that were first published in
Creative Screenwriting journal.
- Complete screenwriting columns by Charles Deemer that were first published
at the Cyber Film School in 2000 and 2001.
- Sample development of an original screenplay from concept to structure
to selected scripted scenes - you watch over my shoulder as I write and
rewrite a script - and discuss my choices along the way.
- Two complete screenplays: Between Heaven and Hell, which was optioned in summer, 1998, and its major revision a year later as Earthly Desires, which is the first script as rewritten under the supervision of a producer. Includes my discussion of the experience of making major changes in collaboration with a producer.
- Documentation of script development of a short film for a filmmaker in NY, including
drafts of script and comments on revisions. Finished film is available to see on the Internet.
- Large marketing section, including WGA-signatory agency list.
- Realistic view of building a screenwriting career.
- And much more, in over 1M of material for screenwriting students.
SCREENWRIGHT: the craft of screenwriting