This chronicle explores Chinese History during the Pre- Modern Era. The focus is primarily on the late Qing (Manchu) dynasty and the fall of Imperial China. Other topics include the Yuan (Mongol) dynasty and the Ming dynasty.
The dates covered are from 1279 CE up to 1912 CE.
Exploration of the Pre- Modern Era is divided into dynastic and historical periods:
- Mongolian Interlude
- The Chinese Regain Power
- The Rise of the Manchus
- Emergence of Modern China
- The Western Powers Arrive
- The Opium War, 1839- 1842
- The Taiping Rebellion, 1851- 1864
- The Self-Strengthening Movement
- The Hundred Days Reform and the Aftermath
- The Boxer Rebellion, 1899- 1901
- The Republican Revolution of 1911