New Information Servers
- National Association of Secondary
- Well-done web site, including the National Honor Society,
National Association of Student Councils, National Association of
Student Activities Advisors, American Technology Honor Society, and
National High School Alliance.
- Council of
Educational Facility Planners, International
- The CEFPI was founded in 1921, and is dedicated to
"promot[ing] creative and responsible planning, design, and construction
and/or renovation of facilities which will provide the best possible
learning environment for all students" [from the mission statement].
The Scout Report
- This weekly publication provided by the Info Scout provides a
sampling of the best of newly announced Internet resources, which are
designed to complement the goals of today's educator or administrator.
- This is a page set up by Putnam
Valley Schools (Putnam Valley, New
York) in an attempt to keep up with the growing documentation on
developing across-the-board standards for schools and educators.
- Institute for the Learning
- This resource, located at Northwestern University in Illinois, is
devoted to practically applying new technologies to the workplace,
school, community, and home. There is information here about teaching
architectures and technical reports, on-line projects and more.
- North Carolina Education
- Urban Education Web
- housed at Columbia University, UEW has announcements about
conferences for the urban educator and summaries of current research and
a great search engine.
- Sponsered by Syracuse University, The US Department of Education and
others, AskERIC is one of the net's oldest education resources. It
includes a Q&A section and lots of administrative planning resources.
- CNIDR's K-12 Server
- An archive sponsored by
The Clearinghouse for Networked
Information Discovery and Retrieval
- The EdWeb Project
- a "hyperbook" designed to present the world of educational computing
and networking in a single, easy-to-use guide.
- The National Center for Technology
- This site contains articles and research compiled by
leading educators and administrators on incorporating technology into
- The Global
- A demonstration project at CNIDR
that shows ways to use technology in K-12 instruction.
Return to the
Virtual Schoolhouse |
Return to the main CEARCH
Back to the Index