CMC Magazine December 1, 1995 / Page 6
The Vision of an Accomplished Webmaster
with The New York Times' New Content Development Editor
by Chris Lapham
Elizabeth Osder's list of "Don'ts":
Link to interview
- Don't forget the audience.
- Don't make people wait for garbage.
- Don't use Netscape without telling people.
- Don't be too obscure.
- Don't link just for the sake of linking.
- Don't neglect navigation.
- Don't take yourself too seriously.
- Don't waste screen loads.
- Don't neglect image sizing and ALT tags.
- Don't bother if you don't have something to say.
- Don't be too broad and not deep--be focused and deep.