Re: [nafex] Jaffa Orange

Dear John,

     The Bergamot (C bergamia) is used to produce Bergamot oil which is an
important in the production of eau de cologne.  I don't think the fruit is
very edible, sort of a small sour orange. I don't know the other.  I believe
they have microcitrus in their collection, but Mani would know.  He is also
an expert on micrografting, which is the technique they use to make a
desirable but infected citrus plant virus free.  They keep passing the
smallest tip of a rapidly growing infected plant as a graft to a new
rootstock and can usually "outrun" the virus.  Several of our group have had
tours of their facility and it is worth the long drive.

                                Regards, Ethan

At 08:48 PM 7/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Dr. Natelson:
>
>Thanks very much for the E-mail addy and access to the Texas budwood
collection.
>This is a boon for any serious citrus grower/enthusiast.
>Very, very much appreciated. Wonderful to get a lead like that!
>And a buck a stick is very reasonable. Heck, nobody works for nothing.
>Would you or have you ever heard of Citrus Melangelo? or Bergamia? (Form of
Italian-

>>          [ICplanet - Connecting Businessess and Independent
Consultants,worldwide]

>Law.com is the preeminent online destination for legal professionals.
>Visit Law.com for exclusive content from American Lawyer Media, online
>CLE Seminars, Practice Centers and Career Listings.

Old school buds here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5536/0/_/423498/_/963026514/