Subject: LACTO/Low Fat: Chocolate Cake

From: [email-masked] (Lori Baukus)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 1994 19:17:43 GMT

Hi everyone.  Here is the chocolate cake recipe I have been getting requests 
for on E-Mail.  Although this is lacto, it could easily be vegan.  It is very 
moist.  I got the basis off of a *Hershey's Cocoa* can and went from there.

*Hershey's* modified Chocolate Cake

         1 1/4 cups flour (your choice)
         1/3 cup *Hershey's* cocoa (try carob + coffee granules, if you like)
         1 tsp baking soda
         6 tablespoons extra light corn margarine or soy margarine OR 3 
         tablespoons of margarine and 3 tablespoons of applesauce.
         1 cup sugar or 2/3 cup Fructose
         1 cup skim milk (this could probably be any kind of milk?)
         1 tablespoon of vinegar
         1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray two 8" pans with cooking spray or line 
cupcake tins with liners. 

Stir flour, cocoa and soda together.  Set aside.  Melt margarine and sugar (or 
fructose) together and remove from heat.  Add milk + vinegar, vanilla, and 
applesauce if using.  Stir.  Add flour mixture.  Pour into pans and bake for 
under 20 minutes.  (Do toothpick or spring test)  TAAA-DAAAA.  You are done.  
I will leave the frosting up to you all.  I haven't found one that is actually 
low fat yet.  Any suggestions?

ENJOY!  
-Lori