Subject: yoghurt cheese

From: [email-masked] (Udolph, Gerald)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 17:23:57 GMT

Hi, 

as I didn+t follow the newsgroup last week and therefore, maybe, I missed
the discussion and information about yoghurt chesse. Can anyone tell me
what yoghurt cheese is and how I can make it. Thanks a lot. 
Gerald

P.S. I promise to read the newsgroup more properly next time.

---

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Narad)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 21:03:40 GMT

> P.S. I promise to read the newsgroup more properly next time.

I use a coffee filter in a cone (like a Melita); dump in a 
container of yogurt, let it sit for several hours.  the 'whey'
drips out, leaving something sort of like cream cheese.  You can
then add onions, chives, or whatever you like.  Strongly flavored
yougurt gives more interesting cheese flavors.

c/

---------------------------------------------
Chuck Narad -- diver/adventurer/engineer