Subject: Vote Vegetarian

From: [email-masked] (Ken McCarthy)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 1994 13:54:38 GMT

A vegetarian cookbook "A Taste of Heaven and Earth" by Bettina Vitell
has a chance of winning this year's prestigious Cook's Choice Award
which is part of the Julia Child cookbook awards.

You can vote and the sponsors the Int'l Association of Culinary
Professionals will automatically enter your name in a drawing to
win a free trip to San Francisco to attend the award ceremony.

Now the not so good news:

An official ballot is required and it must be received at the I.A.C.P.
headquarters by April 10th!

Here's what you need to do:

1. Send a stamped self addressed envelope requesting a Cook's Choice
Award ballot to:

Cook's Choice Award
I.A.C.P.
304 West Liberty Street
Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40202

2. As soon as you get the ballot, fill it out and mail it in
immediately (it needs to get there by April 10)

The good news is that it has been equally hard for everyone to 
participate in the vote and "A Taste of Heaven and Earth", the
vegetarian cookbook on the ballot has as good a chance as the
big meat oriented cookbooks.

Should this book win, you can count on seeing more opportunities
for vegetarian cookbook authors and a lot more great vegetarian
recipes. Who knows? You might even win a trip to San Francisco.

Only official ballotw will do. No email, faxes, write-ins

sumbitted by Ken McCarthy - a major fan of the book and
good vegetarian cooking