Subject: Re: Need/want info for Knoxville, TN

From: [email-masked] (jean reese)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 21:46:41 GMT

The previous post mentioned places to buy things, but as far as
going out to eat ...

my absolute favorite place (where we had our rehearsal dinner, in fact),
is now closed. [JoJo's Get-Back Cafe]

The next best place is a place near the center of town called (I believe)
Tomatohead.  It used to be the Flying Tomato, and if you're using an
old phone book, look under that name.  They have a wonderful kudzu
pizza, last time I was there.  Also in the neighborhood is The Soup
Kitchen, which is not organic, but does have good veg soups (and is
run by some friends of ours in Oak Ridge).

On the UT campus, try the Falafel Hut, which is not on the strip, but
close.  Sorry, I don't have a phone book anymore, so you'll have
to get the actual addresses yourself.  Also a good choice is Hawkeye's,
(or is it Hawkeye's Two that's at the campus?), and if you go there,
you should get the Pita Wabbit, which is truly excellent.

I more highly recommend the Knoxville Food Coop than the previous poster,
but places like The Fresh Market, etc., are very popular with those
people who have money.

There are things to eat all over the city, but very few specifically
vegetarian restaurants. I think JoJo's was the only specifically veg
restaurant, and now it's gone.

You'll have a good time there, food-wise.  It's a good place to be.

Jean

-- 
 _/_/_/_/ 
    _/   _/_/_/  _/_/_/    _/_/_/                   Jean Reese
   _/   _/     _/   _/    _/  _/          [email-masked]
_/_/   _/_/_/  _/_/_/_/  _/  _/