Subject: Broccoli soup?

From: [email-masked] (Yvonne M. Dawe)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 04:37:34 GMT

Anybody out there have a good recipe for cream of broccoli soup they would
like to share? Yes, broccoli. Some of us actually do like it. :)

Thanx in advance.

-= Yvonne =-

---

From: [email-masked] (Barbara Zimmerman)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 14:52:01 GMT

Yvonne M. Dawe ([email-masked]) wrote:

: Anybody out there have a good recipe for cream of broccoli soup they would
: like to share? Yes, broccoli. Some of us actually do like it. :)

: Thanx in advance.

: -= Yvonne =-

My all time favorite cream of broccoli soup uses no cream.

Take 3 potatoes
3 leeks, white parts with just a little green
1 onion

Chop all this up.

Cook about 15 minutes in enough veggie broth to cover well and leave 
about 3 to 4 inches of headroom.

Now, add one head of chopped broccoli.

When it is tender, put it in batches in the blender or food processor.

Be careful to start slowly because it is very hot.

Blend the batches and return to pot.  Heat and eat.

Should be nice and thick and creamy from the potatoes.

Salt and peppper if you need it.

Barbara
-- 
Barbara Zimmerman                    Cotati in Northern California
   Worry is not preparation         Veggies, not violence
        How you do anything is how you do everything

---

From: [email-masked] (pjnolan)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 01:28:48 GMT

>like to share? Yes, broccoli. Some of us actually do like it. :)

Here's a (sort of) recipe I've used for a long time -- it's so delicious!
Boil up some peeled potatoes (quantity to suit your purpose)
Steam some broccoli (2-3 stalks -- peel the tough stalk part)
Saute chopped onions and garlic to taste

Set aside about a cup of the broccoli florets, chopped lightly.
Whir all else in a blender, using broth or potato water or milk (if you
use it) to a good, souplike consistency.
Now, the secret ingredient -- sprinkle some nutmeg into the soup.  Then,
stir in the reserved florets to give it some texture.

This makes a delicious, light soup that is very filling with good bread
and a salad.  It's good with other veggies, too -- cauliflower, spinach,
asapragus, carrots.