Subject: LACTO: Best Vegetarian Sandwich in the World

From: "Gregory H. Ritter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 21:40:36 GMT

This is the best vegetarian sandwich I have ever come across. 
It's called the "Saturday Night in the Prime of Life" and the
recipe needs to be credited to New Pioneer Natural Foods Co-op in
Iowa City, IA (the best natural foods co-op I've ever come
across--worth a bypass into Iowa City if you're passing on I-80).

I don't have specific measurements here, but I don't think New
Pioneer did either :-).

Ingredients:
     rye bread
     smoked provolone
     aged provolone
     pesto (good stuff, not out of a packet)
     sun-dried tomatoes (chopped & marinated in olive oil) 
     green onions (chopped)
     mushrooms (sliced) 

Slap the a slice of one cheese on a slice of rye bread. Pile it
high with mushrooms, and lather it with pesto and the tomatoes. 
Top the pile off with some green onions and cover it with a slice
of the other cheese.  Heat and serve.  (You have to serve this
heated!  Mmm-mmm!)

Anybody, vegetarian or otherwise, who doesn't like this sandwich
is not from this planet.

Greg Ritter
[email-masked]

---

From: Despachio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 1994 12:08:08 GMT

Well, like the subject says.... I wanna make Falafels! I have no idea of
how to make them though. Can anyone out there help me???

Love Ya!

-- 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Andy Mills              "I thought and thought of something to put here,
[email-masked]             but, then thought I'd write this instead."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^