Subject: Q: buckwheat

From: [email-masked] (Peyton Bland)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 15:53:56 GMT

I bought some buckwheat (roasted groats) some time ago and made a pilaf.  I
was put-off by buckwheat's distinctive aftertaste. (I won't try to describe
it because I think you know what I mean if you have ever had any!)  Any
ideas on recipes that play-down this aftertaste?  I was pleasantly
surprised by the crunchy texture of the roasted groats and can imagine
eating them "as is" as a kind of munchie if it weren't for this funny
taste.

Thanks, Peyton

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Peyton Bland                   Digital Image Processing Lab
Dept. of Radiology                   University of Michigan
-----------------------------------------------------------
"We all have better moments than anybody ever knows, and so
do all the others....  We are a great mystery.  Each one of
us is a secret, and on that basis we ought to treat each
other with the deepest respect."
                                        -- Garrison Keillor
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-