Subject: REQUEST: finger food for potluck wedding!

From: [email-masked] (Leslie Bishko)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 22:15:38 GMT

Hi All,
I need to bring some finger food to a wedding reception.  Something that is
easy to eat and can sit out for a few hours at room temp.  Also has to be
made the day before.

		NO HUMMUS!

      NO VEGGIES AND DIP!

        Billy Magic, are you listening?

  - L.

---

From: [email-masked] (Robbie Felix)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 1994 03:37:49 GMT

>easy to eat and can sit out for a few hours at room temp.  Also has to be

I saw something at a party that my comapny put on that was really
good:

Red potatoes, sorta smallish ( finger food size) cut in half, slightly
scooped out. They were steamed or baked and then with a pastry bag
thing had been filled up with spiced sour cream.

I think you could do this with spiced red lentil puree instead of
sour cream for a vegan treat and it would be virtually fat free.

Another great choice is polenta with any type of sauteed veggies on
top, like red onions, capers, sundried tomatoes, etc and a little
cheese if you like that . You can buy packaged polenta or ready made ,
just slice in slices, grill if you like and dump veggies on top.

have fun, the party is the people!

rf