Subject: Re: Migrating to vegetarianism

From: [email-masked] (Cheryl Shipman)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 23:55:19 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
[email-masked] (John A. Jackson) writes:
>
>     I  must  say  that  I  find  this  newsgroup  intriguing.   I'm  not a
>vegetarian,  but  the  meat  industry itself is making me strongly consider
>becoming one.  

Mr Jackson and others considering leaving meat behind may find "The
Gradual Vegetarian" a useful cookbook.  The three sections of recipes and
menu ideas allow you to minimise your use of meat and move toward
vegetariansim without an abrupt shift in the kinds of meals some folks
eat.  Once folks discover they can survive without a slab of animal on
their plate, then they are ready for, well, more interesting, cookbooks. 
But TGV is a way to start.  It's also helpful for those living with
meat-eaters -- it offers ways to modify a veg meal to add meat for them,
or leave meat out to feed a veg.

Drop me a line if you want me to look up publisher's information.

Cheryl
- ---
Cheryl Shipman
@The university of Pennsylvania
[email-masked]