Subject: Looking for cookbook

From: [email-masked] (Joyce Wermont)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 17:56:54 GMT

About a month ago, I heard an interview on the radio with the
author of a cookbook that I'd like to get. Unfortunately, I don't
remember the title of the book or the author's last name, which
makes it very difficult for me to track it down. I called the
radio station about it but they weren't able to help me.

The concept of the book is gourmet vegan recipes. The cuisine
is traditional European-based American food, with a lot of rich
creamy sauces, mostly using tofu as a base. The author is
originally from Japan, and uses a lot of Japanese ingredients
in the recipes. I do at least remember her first name: Myoko.
She runs a wholesale natural foods business in the San Francisco
Bay Area, supplying local health food stores.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?? If so, could you tell me
the book title and full name of the author?

Thanks,

Joyce Wermont
[email-masked]

-- 
These hips are big hips
They need space to move around in
They don't fit into little petty places
These hips are mighty hips
These hips are free hips     - Lucille Clifton

---

From: [email-masked] (Diane L. Olsen)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 1994 19:48:45 GMT

> Bay Area, supplying local health food stores.

The book is _The Now and Zen Epicure_. I don't remember the author's last
name, but I am positive about the title. I haven't had a chance to try any
of the recipes in the book yet, but it has some truly
amazing-but-doable-looking recipes, including a gluten *Thanksgiving
turkey,* complete with stuffing. The photo of the fake turkey alone is
worth the price of the book. :-)

--Diane

P.S. -- For Silicon Valley readers: I bought my copy at Kepler's in Menlo
Park and have also seen the book at Whole Foods in Palo Alto.

Diane L. Olsen      This message printed on 100% recycled electrons
Word Witch            
General Magic, Inc.             
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Alison Babil)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 1994 20:17:19 GMT

> the book title and full name of the author?
 
Her full name, I believe, is Myoko Nishimoto.  She did an article for
Vegetarian Times a couple months ago, on gourmet vegan desserts.  I
think she owns the Now and Zen Bakery, also in the San Francisco Bay area. 
--Alison Babil--