Subject: HELP! Recipe Contest

From: [email-masked] (Ned Schumann)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 1994 20:18:08 GMT

All you Creative Veggie Cooks---don't prove me wrong! I've been bragging 
to my partner about cooks on the Internet and when the following contest 
was announced I just *knew* that we would receive LOTS of super recipes 
from "netters." I did several cross-postings hoping to hit a good 
sampling of potential contestants, but in a week, have only had one 
response :-( BTW it was a good Wild Rice and Orzo Salad.  So without further 
whining from me, won't you:
SEND IN YOUR HEALTHIEST HOLIDAY RECIPES & WIN $500!

The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is sponsoring another
recipe contest! Submit your favourite, original, no-cholesterol recipe 
and you could win $500!
      PCRM will publish the best recipes in their publication, _Good
Medicine_ and the first-place winner will receive a prize of $500!
      Recipes for any holiday or special occasion can qualify:
birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Passover, Kwanzaa, Rosh Hashanah,
Easter, you name it.
      Original recipes for appetizers, salads, soups, entrees,
side-dishes, desserts, or beverages are all welcome. Recipes should be
free of meat, eggs and dairy ingredients and should be low in fat. A 
panel of vegetarian cooks will test them and select the winner.

Email your recipe and the information on the following form to
[email-masked]. Or you may copy this form and snail mail it, plus your
recipe, to:
Kate Schumann,
Good Medicine Food Editor
537 Tyler St
Port Townsend, WA 98368

Be sure the recipe is postmarked no later than April 15th 1994

************************************************************************
GOOD MEDICINE HEALTHY HOLIDAY RECIPE CONTEST
Please accept my submission to the Healthy Holiday Recipe Contest.
Enclosed is my original holiday recipe. I give PCRM permission to use 
this recipe and to publish it without limitation.
Signature or email address:
Name:
Street Address:
City:
State and Zip:
Daytime phone
Recipe Title and Holiday

***********************************************************************

NOTE: 1992's Best Veggie Burger Contest was a HUGE success! We received
over 700 entries and many of the recipes are now included in the
soon-to-be-released book, entitled _The No-Cholesterol, Low Fat,
Vegetarian Barbecue Cookbook_ published by St Martin's Press.

Kate Schumann
[email-masked]