Subject: LACTO: 5-Chef Enchilada Thing Casserole (repost)

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Narad)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 09:57:14 GMT

So in the middle of the party, a friend is in the kitchen planning
some kind of enchilada casserole, when we each troop through
to offer our opinions and then go back to the pool.  The resulting
casserole was pretty good, although we don't quite know what it is...
so we call it....

        5-Chef Enchilada Thing Casserole
	----------------------------------

        1 large can green enchilada sauce
        1 cup fresh tomato salsa
        2-3 cups grated jack and cheddar cheese
        1 can garbanzos, drained
        1 onion, diced and sauted
        1 can whole roasted jalepeno peppers
        2 zucchini, sliced and sauted
        1 dozen whole wheat chapatis (or flour tortillas)
        cumin
        lots of fresh minced garlic
        5 chefs

In a large, lightly greased baking pan: coat the bottom with enchilada
sauce.  Cover with a layer of chapatis.  Add a layer of cheese, then a
layer of zucchini, then a layer of salsa (with cumin & garlic added)
and another layer of chapatis.  Then some green sauce, some more
cheese, a layer of onions, the garbanzos, and another layer of
chapatis.  More salsa, the rest of the zucchini, more cheese, the
jalepenos, and the rest of the chapatis.  Cover with the rest of the
green sauce, and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes, maybe an
hour, till it starts to crust golden brown.  Let cool for about 10
minutes, then slice and serve.

Be sure to follow this recipe exactly or it won't come out!  :-)
yeah, right.

chas/
p.s. This post contains no discussion about B12, plant rights, Rich Young,
Michael Traub, prisoners, seitan worship (sorry), the vegetarian aspects
of bivalves, vegetarian sex , or vegetarians in the new testament.  But I'm
working on it.

------------------------------
Chuck Narad -- diver/adventurer/engineer