Subject: RE: QUESTION: Can mushrooms be freezed?

From: [email-masked] (Barbara Hlavin)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 1994 05:22:36 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Ashokkumar Patel <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I'd like to know if anyone has tried to freeze 
>mushrooms and what their experience has been.
>I can mushrooms at a good discount in bulk,
>but cannot use them at one time.

I've had very good luck freezing mushrooms.  If there's a good sale on 
white mushrooms in the local supermarket I'll buy several pounds, clean 
them (brush off any dirt), slice them, put them in a plastic bag, squeeze 
out all the air, and freeze.

When I want a cup or two of sliced mushrooms, I just pull that many out.  
They're just fine for cooking.  I've kept them frozen for up to two 
months. 

--Barbara

---

From: [email-masked] (Barbara Hlavin)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 1994 05:22:36 GMT

--Barbara