Subject: request: other vegan doughnuts

From: [email-masked] (Alison Babil)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 19:50:25 GMT

I actually tried Richard B.'s suggestion for vegan doughnuts several
weeks ago  (using the Joy of Cooking recipe and substituting in vegan
ingredients).  However, the results were less than satisfying.  As some
sort of dessert, they turned out o.k.  However, they certainly
did not compare with Dunkin' Doughnuts.  Are there any more suggestions?
(I used to love Dunkin', before becoming vegan a year and a half ago).
Thanks, 
Alison

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard L Barnaby)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 1994 21:55:56 GMT

>(I used to love Dunkin', before becoming vegan a year and a half ago).

The Joy of cooking is for cake donut primarily.  There are recipies for
yeasted donuts that I didn't try.  Is that the difference you are
seeking?  Cake vs yeasted? If so, maybe try the yeasted recipie and
let me know how it is. 
[email-masked]