Subject: More on rice

From: [email-masked]
Date: 4 Mar 94 18:58:31 GMT

I am supprised that no one else has said it, but my favorite way to cook
rice is to pressure cook it.  It's quick (<30 min) and it gives the rice a 
slightly different texture than steaming, I find it a bit more tender
and plumper.

Anyone else out there use a pressure cooker?  It's super for soups and 
sauces as well.  Anybody have any good recipes for pressure cookers?

Peter S. Schnittman
Visual Perception Lab
University of Arizona

---

From: [email-masked] (Lizabeth Larson-Shidler)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 15:53:59 GMT

I think I got this under the wrong thread, but what I am really interested in 
is pressure cookers.  I grew up in a home with a Corning stove, so we couldn't 
use anything without a flat bottom, thus no pressure cookers.  I bought one 
used from my great aunt and have no directions and no clue how to use it.... 
Help!