Subject: LACTO: Cream of Broccoli Soup

From: [email-masked] (Lisamarie Gemma Babik)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 20:06:12 GMT

About a week ago someone requested a recipe for cream of broccoli soup.
(Broccoli lovers, unite!)  I learned this one from my mom.  It makes
*GREAT* soup, and it's very easy...

Enjoy!

Mom's Cream of Broccoli Soup
************************************************************************
1 head of broccoli, chopped
2 cans evaporated milk
1/2 stick margarine (for sauteing) 
2-6 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped fine 
2 cans cream of mushroom soup 
1 large onion, chopped
1 bunch of carrots
4 medium potatoes
 
Chop the potatoes and carrots into bite-sized pieces and boil until
soft. In the mean time, saute the broccoli, garlic, and onions until the
broccoli turns bright green and is still crunchy.  Drain the potatoes
and carrots, reserving the liquid.  Add the cream soup and milk to the
broccoli and onions.  Add some of the water from the potatoes and
carrots to thin the soup base.  Add the potatoes and carrots, taking
care not to beat them to death as you mix them into the soup.  Season
with salt and pepper and let cook until the mixture gets hot.  Serve
with cheese, if desired.
--
_________________________________________________________________________ 
  You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself...of all the
 people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never
                        leave or lose.  --Jo Courdet
___________Lisamarie Gemma [email-masked]