Subject: RE: REQUEST: Beet recipes

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Wutzke)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 18:45:02 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> > [email-masked] (Joel Davis) writes:
> > 
> >>I have always been fond of beets, but I haven't found very many recipies 
> >>that rely on them. If anyone have any good beet recipies, I would be 
> >>delighted if you would share them.
> 
> I like to treat a beet like it's a potato... and make baked beets
> (like baked potatoes), either in regular oven, or microwaved.  I
> serve them cut open with yoghurt in the middle.

I was just about to write my own idea when I saw this. At Thanksgiving
last year I made a sort of scalloped potatoes with 2/3 potatoes and 
1/3 beets (beets were the middle layer).

Also (since I don't like pickles) I substitute chopped pickled beets
for pickles in Hot German Potato Salad.

Jeff Wutzke
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Wutzke)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 18:45:02 GMT

Jeff Wutzke