Subject: VEGAN: Quick lentil casserole (repost)

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Narad)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 09:36:40 GMT

This is one of those "I have nothing in the house" recipes; made
it last night.

I cheat here by using a can of Progresso Lentil Soup; purists
can delete now :-)

        1 cup of rice (raw measure), cooked
        1 can Progresso Lentil Soup
        1/2 cup peas (frozen)
        large handful of mushrooms, chopped
        1 med. zucchini, chopped
        -or-
        whatever veggies are in the refrigerator
        2 tbs. dried onion
        basil and marjoram to taste
        1/4 cup grated smoked provelone cheese

defrost peas in the microwave while the rice cooks.  when the rice
is done, mix in the peas, mushrooms, and zuchini; pour it all into
a microwave casserole dish.  Sprinkle with dried onion, basil, and
marjoram; top with the cheese (omit for vegan), then pour the can of
soup over the whole thing.

Cover and microwave on high for about 5 minutes.  Serve with a little
yogurt on the side, some white wine, and (I cheated again) Pillsbury
quick muffins.  Better than Ramen and almost as fast!

chas/

-----------------------
Chuck Narad -- diver/adventurer/engineer