Subject: VEGAN: Spaghetti Sauce Recipe

From: [email-masked] (Marc Roseman)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 1994 00:16:07 GMT

Here's an easy and excellent recipe for a tomato 'sauce'.  It containss
no animal products.  It tastes best on home-made noodles.  This recipe
comes from a friend of mine, Greg Pongracz.

Baked Tomatoes:
--------------

4    Ripe Tomatoes (any amount will do really)
1    Bunch Basil, chopped
1/2  Tsp Dried Oregano
3    Cloves of Garlic, chopped
1/2  Cup of Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350.

Half tomatoes, remove stem, deseed (squeeze them gently, seeds will pop
right out.  Many people do this over a strainer, to save any juice that
comes out.)  Do NOT peel the tomatoes, or they will fall apart during
cooking.

Put the tomatoe halves, cut side up, in a baking dish.  Sprinkle with
chopped garlic, oregano, and chopped basil.  Sprinkle with olive oil,
and bake for 20-30 minutes.

Toss over hot pasta (they will fall into little pieces).

This is a very healthy dish, and quick and easy to make.  I always
make my own noodles, since with a cuisenart (sp) its quick and easy.