Subject: RE: Low fat salad dressings

From: [email-masked] (Cyndi Smith)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 22:29:18 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (George C Zogbi) wrote:

> Does anyone have any good recipes for vegan low/no fat salad dressings?
> Most of the ones I have tried are pretty bland and watery...
> Thanks!

Balsamic vinegar - with herbs, if you like.  You can even add EV olive oil,
if you MUST have some fat... heh,heh,heh

-- 
Cyndi Smith

---

From: [email-masked] (George C Zogbi)
Date: 4 Mar 94 18:58:23 GMT

George

---

From: [email-masked] (Robbie Felix)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 04:37:43 GMT

Vegan low-fat salad dressings:

Toss salad with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Mix
according to how you like it, I like more soy sauce than anything
else. If you are *really* fat conscious, no sesame seeds!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Salsa.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Using blender:

Blend low-fat tofu with water to thin to consistency desired 
and add any of the following:

Garlic and scallions
or
curry powder ( maybe 1 tsp-1/2 cup of tofu mixture)
or 
curry powder as above plus one or two sundried tomatoes
or
italian herbs ( about 1/2 tsp per 1/2 cup of thinned tofu)

mix these to taste and add salt or soy sauce to taste!

Enjoy!

rf

---

From: [email-masked] (Cyndi Smith)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 22:29:18 GMT

-- 
Cyndi Smith

---

From: [email-masked] (Robbie Felix)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 04:37:43 GMT

Garlic and scallions
or

Enjoy!

rf