Botanical.com Home Page

http://www.botanical.com/index.html
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.  Venaura Farm
intergarden.com  InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon@mindspring.com  london@metalab.unc.edu
Title: Botanical.com Home Page

Botanical.com  - Home Page

            Home Page of...
            A Modern Herbal
            by Mrs. M. Grieve, originally published 1931

Strychnos nux-vomica L.

Kohler's Medicinal Plants

Reference:
Steadman Shorter's Medical Dictionary, 1942
Poisons & Antidotes
Weights & Measures

Conversion Tables:
Cooking
Standard Factors
Pots/Soil Factors

Cornell University Poisonous Plants Home Page

Links!!!

This Web Page is
Cookie Free!
Most web site you visit (Yahoo, MSNBC, DrudgeReport, etc.) will put a cookie on your computer when the ad graphics are downloaded. At it’s best, this is used to track your viewing habits to customize the ads that you are shown, but it does have the potential (and probably is) to be used to build a database on you for spam, or other uses. NO cookies are sent by this web site, nor by any of it's graphics!

For more info, see
Surfer Beware III: Privacy Policies without Privacy Protection
from the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)

Blue Ribbon Campain

A Modern Herbal
A hyper-text version of A Modern Herbal, 1931, by Mrs. M. Grieve. Over 800 varieties of medicinal, culinary, and cosmetic herbs, including economic properties, cultivation and folk-lore. Do a word search of all 860 pages.

Take a poll...(Poll started March 3)

What percentage of your vegetables do you plan to grow this season?
None
10% to 20%
20% to 60%
60% to 80%
100%

View results of this and past polls.

Do you have a botanical question?
Message Board Use our message board to post your questions, answers or comments.
The Question For January:
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
More and more of our food contains genetically engineered components and is synthesized. Some worry this tinkering is harmful, that it could not only kill, but create health problems such as allergies, migraines, and digestive disturbances. Others like the idea. It could enable strawberries to be available year round; tomatoes to have four times the amount of beta-carotene, wheat to have more fiber, and crops would thrive in extreme environments. Plant biologists hope to even eventually boost nutrition levels in poor nations.

Herbal Remedies from Rose's Home on the Web

Articles:

New...
Review... The Herbal Pharmacy CD, Hale Software, Inc. , by Christina Francine

Peppermint, Yarrow and Elderflower Tea, by Christina Francine

Sage Gargle Recipe, by Christina Francine

Prozac, Move Over - S. F. Chronicle Friday, August 9, 1996 (St. John's Wort)

Hepatitis C was Killing Me Until Alternative Medicine did what Conventional Medicine Could not: I am Normal!, by Sherril J. Wolff

Garlic: The Great Protector, by Sly Holladay

How to Make Incense, by Leslie Quinn

Book Review: The Roots of Healing, A Woman's Book of Herbs Review by Leslie Quinn

Seasons of Health, by Michaela Saliba (some Spring Recipes)

Turmeric: For Liver and Digestive Health, by Christa Sinadinos, Certified Clinical Herbalist

The Del Norte Titan, largest known coast redwood alive by volume

Ask Dr. Weil features Dr. Andrew Weil, a leader in the integration of Western medicine and the exploding field of alternative medicine. Dr. Weil answers readers' health questions daily, reviews the web's best health-related sites, and features a comprehensive Database of ailments and medical terms, as well as herbs and other treatments.

Important:

Mothers for Natural Law Do you know your vegetables will soon contain genes from insects, bacteria, viruses and animals? - Do you know these genetically engineered foods may contain allergens and toxins? - Do you know the FDA doesn't require long-term safety testing or labeling of these foods?

St John's Wort Survey...
Results from "Have you tried St. Johns's Wort?"
      26   - I didn't get any results... 10%
      33   - I'm unsure... 12%
      25   - I felt a slight effect... 9%
      110 - I felt a noticable effect... 41%
      76   - I felt a major effect... 29%
Comments from survey...

Special thanks to everyone who participated in the survey!
Drug Checker
Type in drug names, separated by commas.
drkoop.com

Please note, the Botanical.com web page is for informational and educational purposes, and does not sell nor endorse any products.

Sponsored by...

WizCity - The Exotic Marketplace

"The goal of life is living in agreement with nature."
---Zeno (335-263 B.C.)

Due to time restrictions, I will not be able to answer herbal or botanical questions... sorry.
Please post questions to the Message Board.

Copyright © 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Electric Newt

webmaster@botanical.com