- A list of books of possible interest to electronic musician. This list dates from 1994, and is no doubt somewhat out of date. Please feel free to mail in suggestions.
- Piet van Oostrum’s “Bibliography on synthesizers, Midi, Computer and Electronic Music”
- MIDI Specification - a fairly full description of the MIDI standard, including General MIDI.
- MIDI and the Powerbook 1xx series – historical document. Old Apple Powerbooks were notoriously picky as to how well they handled MIDI; this document is a summary of research on those machines. Given that an original gumdrop iMAc now sells for less than $100, this is probably only of academic interest now.
- “What synth should I buy?” – from early on in EMUSIC-L’s run: A document by Joe McMahon, describing some factors to consider when buying a keyboard. Mail me any further suggestions.
- “What is csound?” – a thumbnail overview of csound, with a few links
- “What notation software is available?” – Again, dated, but a useful starting point for further research.