1) Heat the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat until foaming.
2) Add the eggs and cook gently, stirring constantly.
3) When the eggs are set but still soft on top, fold the omelette with a spatula.
4) Fold the edge of the omelette that is closest to the frying pan handle in towards the centre.
5) Tap the handle of the pan sharply; the far edge of the omelette will slide up the side of the pan.
6) Fold edge in towards the centre; continue cooking until the bottom is lightly browned.
7) Hold the handle of the pan and trun the omelette out, seam-side down, onto a serving plate.
8) Pour over or brush the omelette with any butter remaining in the frying pan.