Infrastructure and Non-infrastructure Sites
FOSPHost sites for external hosting
can be generally categorised into infrastructure and non-infrastructure sites.
- Infrastructures sites - most information about the projects hosted is stored in databases and standard tools are provided by the site.
- Non-infrastructure sites - information of projects is not stored in a database format and users of the site usually construct their project page out of HTML pages.
Possible Attributes of Infrastructure Sites
- More formal
- More ordered
- More emphasis on structures and policies
- Easier to find resources of project as every project has the same format
- Larger in size
Possible Attributes of Non-infrastructure Sites
Comparison table of Infrastructure and Non-infrastructure sites
- More personal
- More flexible
- More emphasis on motivations of individual developers
- More freedom for the developers to accommodate the project to his or her ideal
- Smaller in size
Back to Controversial Issues of a FOSPHost Site
Back to Evaluation of FOSPHost Sites