- The purpose of cataloguing is to guide a reader to his book.
- Any aspect of cataloguing that does not support this task is superﬂuous.
- Any aspect of cataloguing that inhibits this task is harmful.
- A catalogue is a biologically enhanced information retrieval system.
- Readers are familiar with other information retrieval systems, and will use the tools which, based on past experience, they believe to be most eﬀective for their needs.
- A library may not injure a reader, or through inaction allow a reader to come to harm.
Prologomena :- AI,LIS.
Oops – I messed up the opening pun, turning the obscure into the totally incomprehensible:
Prolog (AI Language) + Prolegomena (to cataloging and classification) = Prologomena, not Prologema