1. Herbert Arthur Bradley, Sr. and Kathryn Ruth Griffith Bradley. Wedding photo, taken in Detroit, Michigan. Both were age 19.
2. Herbert Arthur Bradley, Jr., age 4, only child of Herbert A., Sr. and Kathryn Bradley--1925.
3. Father and son--with the car packed for the annual trip from Ohio to Illinois to visit grandparents--1925.
4. A later model car. Packed and ready to go to Illinois.
5. Herbert, all "duded up" by his mother. Age 7. Akron, Ohio.
6. Herbert--photo taken in Ohio. His favorite photo of that period of his life.
7. Always Out Front! Herbert led the Monticello Community High School band which led the big Monticello Centennial parade in 1937.
8. Herbert and his friends formed a band, "Knights of Rhythm" in 1937. They played weekly "tea dances" in the high school cafeteria after school. Mary Cynthia Norris, whom Herbert later married, was the vocalist. Mary Jane Moore was at the piano.
9. Herbert--high school graduation photo--1938.
10. Mary Cynthia Norris Bradley following marriage--1942.
11. Herbert A. Bradley, Sr. greets First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt at the podium where she spoke to a meeting of the 100,000-member International Chemical Workers Union of the American Federation of Labor. Bradley, Sr. was the union president 1944-1954.
12. Herbert's World War I grandfather, John Bradley, was a patient in the Hines Veterans Hospital, Maywood, Illinois in 1925. He died 11 June 1925. Seated, front row, far right.
13. Herbert played in the Four City Golf Tournament held in Farmer City, Illinois in 1948. Left to right: Les Hammersmith, Arch Woods, Joe Dubson, Bill McCann, Herbert Bradley, Elmer Priebe, Eugene Ellis, Bob Heath, Bob Keith, Bill Burgess, and Dwight Wilkey, all members of the Monticello Golf Club.
14. Herbert joined the India Shrine Temple, A.A.O.N.M.S. in 1962 after moving to Oklahoma City.
15-16. Herbert became a member of India Shrine Temple's "Royalaires"--a 16-piece Glenn Miller style dance band. He played a hot trumpet. Later, Herbert directed the band for three years.
17. Herbert was the Oklahoma Branch Manager for Collegiate Cap and Gown Company of Champaign, Illinois beginning in November 1961. With him in this photo is Fay Mobley, who, for 18 years, was his co-worker, secretary and friend.
18. Janice Renee Bradley Keating, daughter of Herbert and Mary Cynthia was bom October 25, 1952. A graduate of Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, she teaches in Stillwater, Okla.
19. Herbert and Mary Cynthia with their two grandchildren: Amanda Marie DeMoss and James Bradley DeMoss.
20-21. Photos of Janice and her daughter, Amanda, and son, Jimmy. Amanda graduated from high school in June 1999 and is attending Oklahoma State University (Fall, 1999).
22. Jimmy, age 14, is a high school freshman in Stillwater.
Table of Contents