21 April 1944
ANNEX "M" TO OPERATION PLAN NO. 2-44
POSTPONEMENT PLAN MIKE ONE (24 hours).
- Postponement of D-day may be from day to day, up to two days in each suitable tidal and lunar period.
- Arrangements as follows will be made for ships which have not yet sailed.
- For day to day postponement the troops will remain embarked on LSI, APA and LST. Troops in LCI and LCT still secured alongside may be disembarked and distributed into adjacent accommodations. Troops in LCI not secured alongside may also be disembarked if conditions permit. Those in certain LCT not alongside will not be disembarked.
- For forces already at sea the following arrangements will be made.
- For day to day postponement ships which have sailed within the previous seven hours will return to their staging points. Ships which have been underway more than seven hours and which by returning would not gain any rest period will (a) back-track a sufficient distance to absorb the twenty-four hour period or (b) if shelter and anchorage are available en route, plans will be made for these ships to rest in them.
POSTPONEMENT PLAN MIKE TWO (To next lunar period).
- For the longer postponement, i.e., to the next suitable tidal and lunar period, troops embarked on ships which have not sailed will be disembarked and returned to Marshalling Areas. Vehicles, however, will remain embarked.
- For the longer type postponement, i.e., to the next suitable tidal and lunar period ships which have sailed will return to their staging and loading points and their troops will be disembarked and return to Marshalling Areas. Vehicles will remain embarked.
- Assault Force commanders will implement detailed plans within the frame work of the above instructions.
- The signal of execution of postponement is as follows:
- POST MIKE ONE - 24 hours.
- POST MIKE TWO - longer period (about 14 days)
--1 of 2--
ADDITIONAL DISTRIBUTION OF THIS ANNEX:
CinC Portsmouth (2)
CinC Plymouth (2)
NOIC Poole (2)
NOIC Dartmouth (2)
RNO Salcombe (2)
RNO Fowey (2)
FOIC Falmouth (2)
Spares for Force "O" (40)
Spares for Force "U" (40)
Spares for Force "B" (20)
A. G. KIRK,
Rear Admiral, U. S. Navy,
Naval Commander Western Task Force.
R. T. CRAGG,
--2 of 2--
Table of Contents
Previous Section - Annex L - Communications Plan * Next Section - Annex N - Medical Plan