Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-1945
AG-125 USS Patoka
- Miscellaneous Auxiliary (ex-Patoka class Fleet Oiler):
- Displacement: 16,800 tons
- Length: 478'
- Beam: 60'
- Draft: 29'
- Speed: 10 knots (max); 9.5 knots (econ)
- Armament: 2 5"/38 DP, 4x2 40mm, 4x2 20mm
- Capacity: 70,000 barrels
- Reciprocating (#13 geared turbine) engines, single screw, 2,800 hp
- Built at Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co. and commissioned as AO-9 13 Oct 1919
- Reclassified as Miscellaneous Auxiliary AG-125 in 1945
Patoka served for a time (pre-War) as aircraft tender AV-6 (see photo).
Patoka (AV-6) serving as tender for ZR-1 Shenandoah (1925)
Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-1945: Miscellaneous Auxiliaries
Miscellaneous Auxiliariesandoah Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-1945
February 30, 1998