Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-1945
AGC-18 USS Biscayne
- Amphibious Force Command Ship (ex-Seaplane Tender AVP-11):
- Displacement: 2,865
- Length: 311'
- Beam: 41'
- Draft: 12'
- Speed: 18.3 knots
- Armament: 2 5"/38 DP, 3x4 40mm, 6 20mm
- Complement: 215
- Propulsion: Diesel engines; twin screws
- Built at Pugent Sound Navy Yard, and commissioned as AVP-11 3 July 1941
- Converted to AGC-18 October 1944
(AVP-11 at Anzio)
Ships and Aircraft of the U.S. Navy: Amphibious Force Command Ships
Ships and Aircraft of the U.S. Navy
September 6, 2000