Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-1945
APA-177 USS Kingsbury
- Haskell Class Attack Transport:
- Displacement: 12,450 tons
- Length: 436'6"
- Beam: 24'
- Speed: 17 knots
- Armament: 1 5", 12 40mm AA
- Complement: 532
- Troops: 1,562
- Maritime Commission VC2-S-AP5 "Victory" type modified to carry fully equipped Army and Navy Units. Vehicles and heavy stores are stowed in the lower holds. Troops are quartered in upper cargo spaces. About 20 landing craft are carried topside.
- Built at Oregon Shipbuilding Corp., Portland, Oreg., and commissioned 6 December 1944
Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-45: Transports
Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-45
July 8, 2000