Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-1945
APA-196 USS Logan
- Haskell class Attack Transport:
- Displacement: 14,800 tons (full load)
- Length: 455'
- Beam: 62'
- Draft: 28'
- Speed: 17 knots
- Armament: 1 5"/38 DP, 4x2 40mm, 1x4 40mm, 10 20mm
- Complement: 532; Troops: 1,562
- Maritime Commission VC2-S-AP5 "Victory" type modified to carry fully equipped
Army and Navy Units. Vehicles and heavy stores are stowed in the lower holds.
Troops are quartered in upper cargo spaces. About 20 landing craft are carried topside.
- Geared turbine engines, single screw, 8,500 shaft h.p.
- Built at Kaiser Shipbuilding, Vancouver, Wash., and commissioned 14 October 1944
Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-45: Transports
Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1940-45
6 July 2006