Ships of the U.S. Coast Guard, 1940-1945
- Speedwellclass Lighthouse Tender:
- Displacement: 1,130 tons
- Length: 172'
- Beam: 32'
- Draft: 11'6"
- Speed: 11 knots
- Armament: 1 3"/50, 2 20mm, 2 depth charge tracks
- Complement: 3 officers, 1 warrant, 55 enlisted
- Reciprocating steam engines, twin screws, 1,000 shaft hp
- Built at Fabricated Shipbuilding Corp., Milwaukee, Wisc. as Mine Planter for the US Army and commissioned 1920
- Converted to USLHS Tender and commissioned 23 April 1923
"Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships" -- USS Speedwell
For additional photos, see the Main Page.
For crew lists, and reunions see the Veterans Info Page.
For ship's logs and personnel records, see the Reference Page.
Ships of the U.S. Coast Guard, 1940-45: Lighthouse Tenders
Ships of the U.S. Navy & Coast Guard, 1940-1945
February 24, 2001