(LSM-251: dp. .9; l. 203'6"; b. 34'; dr. 6'1" fwd, 3'5" aft; s. 13 k.; a. cpl. 52; cl. LSM-201)
Laid down at Western Pipe & Steel Co., San Pedro, Calif., and commissioned 14 December 1944, Lt. Randall M. Snow, USNR, in command.
LSM-251 did not participate in any combat operations during World War II, but did perform duties in the Philippines, and participated in the initial occupation of the Tientsin area of China from 30 Sep 45-29 Nov 45.
On 22 May 1947, LSM-251 was decommissioned at the Mare Island Navy Yard. On 17 February 1948 the ship was donated to the Port of Newport Authority, Newport, Oreg. She was eventually sold to Humble Oil & Refining Co. and converted to a barge.
The former LSM-251 was sunk off Government Point, Calif., on 25 November 1961.