LST-347 was laid down on 10 November 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 7 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. J.M. Farrin; and commissioned on 7 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-347 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
On 19 December 1944 she was transferred to the United Kingdom and returned to United States Navy custody in January 1948. On 23 January 1948, the ship was retransferred to France on lease and returned to United States navy custody on 21 March 1949. LST-347 was sold to France that same day. LST-347 was struck from the Navy list on 28 April 1949.
LST-347 earned three battle stars for World War II service.