During World War II, LST-393 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Following the war, LST-393 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 Mardch 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 14 March 1947. On 28 March 1948, the tank landing ship was sold to the Sand Productws Corp., Detroit, mich., for conversion to merchant service. [As of 2001, LST-393 is in Muskegon, Michigan undergoing restoration to WWII condition. Ex name (after Navy): Highway 16- 00.]
LST-393 earned three battle stars for World War II service.