During World War II, LST-759 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. She was decommissioned in March 1946. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Eddy County (LST-759)) (q.v.) after counties in New Mexico and North Dakota. The tank landing ship was berthed at the Columbia River Group of the Pacific Reserve Fleet until struck from the Navy list on 1 October 1958.
LST-759 earned one battle star for World War II service.