Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Office of the Chief of Naval Operations
Naval History Division Washington
LST-899 was laid down on 22 October 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 2 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. F.W. Trevorrow; and commissioned on 1 January 1945, Lt. A.H. Thornton in command.
Following World War II, LST-899 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 15 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 5 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
Transcribed and formatted for HTML by Patrick Clancey