LST-969 was laid down on 10 November 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 13 December 1944; and commissioned on 9 January 1945, Lt. (jg.) A.K. Price in command.
Following World War II, LST-969 performed logistic services between Hawaii and the west coast of the United States in 1945 and 1946 while assigned to the Pacific Fleet. She was decommissioned on 12 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 25 April 1947, the ship was sold to Trailerships, Inc., for operation.