(PC-1264: dp. 280; l. 173'8"; b. 23'; dr. 10'10"; s. 18 k.; cpl. 65; a. 1 3"/50; cl. PC-461)
PC-12634 was laid down at Consolidated Ship Building Co., Morris Heights, N.Y., on 7 October 1943; launched 28 November; 1943; and commissioned 25 April 1944.
PC-1264 was one of two World War II Navy ships to be given a largely African-American enlisted complement. The Sub Chaser's first mission was a convoy from New York to Guantanamo, during which PC-1264 made sonar contact with a submarine and conducted a three-hour depth charge attack. Contact wias then lost with the submarine, but no attack was made on the convoy.
. . .
Decommissioned on 24 March 1948, she was transferred to the Maritime Commission for final disposition.