Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships

Office of the Chief of Naval Operations
Naval History Division • Washington

USS PC-472

(PC-472: dp. 280; l. 173'8"; b. 23'; dr. 10'10"; s. 18 k.; cpl. 65; a. 1 3"/50; cl. PC-461)

USS PC-472, a 280-ton 173-foot submarine chaser, was laid down at Defoe Shipbuilding, Bay City, Michigan, on 1 July 1941; launched 14 November; and was commissioned 9 December 1941.

The ship was loaned to the French under Lend-Lease on 30 June 1944 and was sold to them in March 1949. She remained in their service as Le Ruse until 1959.

Transcribed and formatted for HTML by Patrick Clancey (patrick@akamail.com)