USS SC-1071, a 95-ton 110-foot submarine chaser, was built at Camden, New Jersey. Commissioned in August 1943, she was converted to a motor gunboat and renamed PGM-6 in December 1943. During April-June 1944, she participated in the consolidation of the northern Solomon Islands area. A year later, in April 1945, PGM-6 took part in landings on Mindanao, in the southern Philippines. Stricken from the Navy list in February 1946, the motor gunboat was transferred to the Foreign Liquidation Commission in May 1947.