A Coast Guard name retained.
(WSC-146: dp. 220; l. 125'; b. 23'6"; dr. 6'9"; s. 14 k.' cpl. 24; a. 1 3")
McLane (WSC-146) was built for the Coast Guard by American Brown Boveri Electric Corp., Camden, N.J., and commissioned 8 April 1927 as a patrol craft of the 125-foot class. Until World War II she made patrols and had rescue duty out of new London, Conn.; Oakland and San Pedro, Calif.; and Morehead City, N.C. In accordance with Executive Order No. 8029 of 1 November 1941, McLane began to operate as part of the Navy, serving on the Bering Sea Patrol.