The great ibiblio move of 2006 is moving along nicely. Here are the major components, and their current states:
- Sign contract with new hosting provider (done)
- Install initial server and test connectivity (done)
- Migrate multimedia streaming servers (done)
- Migrate distribution, Lyceum, Osprey and SVN/Trac servers (done)
- Migrate the rest of the servers, as they’re inter-dependent and can’t be broken apart:
… on this Friday evening, beginning around 8:00 p.m. EDT, the main ibiblio web site, all virtually hosted sites, and peripheral sites such as stats.ibiblio.org, torrent trackers, mailing list, e-mail, and login services will be unavailable as we make our final push to move ibiblio to its new home. Internet radio streams, distro.ibiblio.org, lyceum.ibiblio.org, osprey.ibiblio.org and source.ibiblio.org will remain available.
To minimize downtime of web services, we are also migrating from our current web cluster hardware to the hardware donated for our new cluster, already installed and in testing stage in our new home. The old cluster will remain up in a read-only capacity until all DNS has propagated to the new location.
Here’s to a smooth transition!