Re: vetiver

On 16 Nov 1999, Roberto Verzola wrote:

> I saw a World Bank publication which was strongly advocating a grass
> called vetiver for soil erosion control. It supposedly propagates
> through tills only, not seed and therefore will not spread so easily.
> I'd like to know if there are bad aspects to vetiver use.

The Vetiver Network
http://www.vetiver.com/

THE VETIVER NETWORK PROMOTES THE USE OF VETIVER GRASS
THE CONSERVATION AND ENGINEERING TOOL FOR THE 21st CENTURY
The Vetiver Network is a non profit and tax exempt organization,
managed by professionals, with the objective of disseminating information
on the use of VETIVER GRASS for soil and water conservation, land rehabilitation,
embankment stabilization and pollution control. We also include other selected
technologies that we think are important and applicable to related aspects of the
natural resources management.

The Vetiver Network is supported by the The Royal Danish Government,
The Wallace Genetic Foundation, the World Bank, anomynous UK Trust,
and vetiver users around the world.

<>
Lawrence F. London, Jr.  Venaura Farm
http://metalab.unc.edu/intergarden
/permaculture /intergarden/orgfarm /ecolandtech
lflondon@mindspring.com  london@metalab.unc.edu

"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".