(fwd) Re: howto- smallholding???

On Fri, 12 May 2000 08:07:43 +1000, in alt.permaculture "AndreaMc"
<andreamc@NOSPAMone.net.au> wrote:

Hi Emma,

There are alot of books that are specifically aimed at the "how-to's"
of
raising poultry, goats, sheep and pigs etc... you could check out your
local
library.
Here are some links that might help you, or keep you busy until you
get to
the library :)
Info on raising ducks:
http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/livestocksystems/DI1189.html
Lots of links to a diverse range of subjects:
http://growsearch.com/
Interesting bee keeping page
http://home.earthlink.net/~jcaldeira/beekeeping/
Heaps of breeds of all sorts of livestock to give you some ideas on
what you
might like:
http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/BREEDS/
Heaps of links to poultry related sites:
http://www.the-coop.org/links/links.html

Hope this is some help/interest.
Andrea

<emmapark1n@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know where i can learn to manage the chicken/duck/small-and-
> easy-mammal end of smallholding?  I can manage plants fine, but i know
> nothing about animals and as the grand plan for my life
> involves 'downsizing' asap (so ok, twenty years) i figure i should
> start learning.
>
> plus if anyone has any comments on the things i should be thinking
> about and learning sooner rather than latter, let me know
>
> Thanks in advance
> emma
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
lflondon@mindspring.com  london@metalab.unc.edu
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO