Chapter 19: Threads and Animation
These pages have the complete source code and examples
from Chapter 19, Threads, from the Java Developer's Resource.
In this chapter you'll learn how to make your applications and applets multithreaded to improve user responsiveness and perceived performance. You'll also learn how to use threads to implement timing and animation.
In this chapter you learn
- Why Threads are important
- How to create and control Threads
- How to use the Runnable interface to thread an existing class
- How to set Thread priorities
- How to synchronize Threads
- How Threads are used to play animations
- How to avoiding flickering in animation
Examples from Other Chapters
[ Cafe Au Lait | Books | Trade Shows | Links | FAQ | Tutorial | User Groups ]
Copyright 1996 Elliotte Rusty Harold
Last Modified July 23, 1996