Are you or would you like to be a digital librarian? You could manage the ibiblio catalog. Our contributors are responsible for developing their collections, but they are rarely librarians, so having a staff member who can facilitate ensuring that each of our collections is maintainable and archivable is incredibly important.
- Maintenance of the Omeka-based catalog
- Troubleshooting issues of access and availability for collections
- Working with a wide range of famous and not-so-famous people who contribute material to ibiblio
- A desk for yourself in the sunny ibiblio office in 213 Manning Hall
- Working with a group of smart and energetic faculty and students
Candidates must be full or part time undergraduate or graduate students at UNC Chapel Hill. The position is for 15-20 hours/week starting as availability of space and funding allows; pay depends on skills and experience. Please send inquiries and resumes (in PDF or plain text format, no MS Word) to jobs-at-ibiblio-dot-org.