Do you have experience running Linux systems, configuring Apache, and running PHP/MySQL apps? Would you enjoy taking your skills to the next level? Are you interested in cloud computing, information security, database performance tuning, and shell/Perl/Python scripting?
ibiblio seeks talented and dedicated student system administrators to help run our collection of production servers. This means feeding and caring for CentOS and Ubuntu Linux servers that handle 10-15 million requests per day, as well as helping people install and configure LAMP applications. Responsibilities include:
- Linux OS and system tool configuration
- Database administration and performance tuning
- Installing and configuring open source PHP and Python web applications
- Troubleshooting errors, bugs, defects, glitches, snafus, and hysterical raisins
- Working with a wide range of famous and not-so-famous people who contribute material to ibiblio
- A desk for yourself in the sunny ibiblio office in 213 Manning Hall
- Working with a group of smart and energetic faculty and students
Candidates must be full or part time undergraduate or graduate students at UNC Chapel Hill. The position is for 15-20 hours/week starting as availability of space and funding allows; pay depends on skills and experience. Please send inquiries and resumes (in PDF or text format, no MS Word) to jobs-at-ibiblio-dot-org.