The humorous and high-spirited Joyeuses
Misères de trois voyageurs en Scandinavie was published in 2003, in the form
of the sole surviving chapter.
This publication, the first English translation and the first
substantive study of the work, is fully illustrated.
- ‘Dr William Butcher is the world's foremost authority
on the French writer Jules Verne, and is a superb, ground-breaking
translator into English of some of Verne's classic works; apart from his
definitive, authoritative retranslations of some of Jules Verne's
best-known, and some lesser-known, works, William Butcher has
simultaneously contributed superb, original scholarship on Verne's life
and writings to the Verne scholarly community worldwide' (Kieran O'Driscoll)
- '[one of] the very best Verne specialists'
- 'Excellent' George Pelka
- 'Many thanks' Peter Harold
- 'an expert/brilliant translator' Peter Schulman
- 'Congratulations' Frederick Paul Walter
- 'Excellent news!!' Juan Gonzalez
- 'Excellent work' Per Johan Moe