George Zogopoulos Papaliakos
How to contribute to this book
As a copylefted work, this book is open to revision and expansion by any interested parties. The only "catch" is that credit must be given where credit is due. This is a copyrighted work: it is not in the public domain!
If you wish to cite portions of this book in a work of your own, you must follow the same guidelines as for any other copyrighted work. Here is a sample from the Design Science License:
The Work is copyright the Author. All rights to the Work are reserved
by the Author, except as specifically described below. This License
describes the terms and conditions under which the Author permits you
to copy, distribute and modify copies of the Work.
In addition, you may refer to the Work, talk about it, and (as
dictated by "fair use") quote from it, just as you would any
copyrighted material under copyright law.
Your right to operate, perform, read or otherwise interpret and/or
execute the Work is unrestricted; however, you do so at your own risk,
because the Work comes WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY -- see Section 7 ("NO
If you wish to modify this book in any way, you must document the nature of those modifications in the "Credits" section along with your name, and ideally, information concerning how you may be contacted. Again, the Design Science License:
Permission is granted to modify or sample from a copy of the Work,
producing a derivative work, and to distribute the derivative work
under the terms described in the section for distribution above,
provided that the following terms are met:
(a) The new, derivative work is published under the terms of this
(b) The derivative work is given a new name, so that its name or
title can not be confused with the Work, or with a version of
the Work, in any way.
(c) Appropriate authorship credit is given: for the differences
between the Work and the new derivative work, authorship is
attributed to you, while the material sampled or used from
the Work remains attributed to the original Author; appropriate
notice must be included with the new work indicating the nature
and the dates of any modifications of the Work made by you.
Given the complexities and security issues surrounding the maintenance of files comprising this book, it is recommended that you submit any revisions or expansions to the original author (Tony R. Kuphaldt). You are, of course, welcome to modify this book directly by editing your own personal copy, but we would all stand to benefit from your contributions if your ideas were incorporated into the online “master copy” where all the world can see it.
All entries arranged in alphabetical order of surname. Major contributions are listed by individual name with some detail on the nature of the contribution(s), date, contact info, etc. Minor contributions (typo corrections, etc.) are listed by name only for reasons of brevity. Please understand that when I classify a contribution as “minor,” it is in no way inferior to the effort or value of a “major” contribution, just smaller in the sense of less text changed. Any and all contributions are gratefully accepted. I am indebted to all those who have given freely of their own knowledge, time, and resources to make this a better book!
Tony R. Kuphaldt
- Date(s) of contribution(s): 1996 to present
- Nature of contribution: Original author.
- Contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date(s) of contribution(s): July 2004 to present
- Nature of contribution:Original author: Karnaugh mapping chapter; 04/2004; Shift registers chapter, June 2005.
- Nature of contribution: Mini table of contents, all chapters except appendicies; html, latex, ps, pdf; See Devel/tutorial.html; 01/2006.
- Contact at: dcrunkilton(at)att(dot)net
George Zogopoulos Papaliakos
- Date(s) of contribution(s): November 2010
- Nature of contribution: Original author: “Author of Finite State Machines” section, chapter 11.
- Contact at: Georacer@allaboutcircuits.com
- Date(s) of contribution(s): November 2007
- Nature of contribution: Original author: “Combinatorial Logic Functions” chapter 9.
- Contact at: davidzitzelsberger(at)yahoo(dot)com
Your name here
- Date(s) of contribution(s): Month and year of contribution
- Nature of contribution: Insert text here, describing how you contributed to the book.
- Contact at: email@example.com
Typo corrections and other “minor” contributions
- line-allaboutcircuits.com (June 2005) Typographical error correction in Volumes 1,2,3,5, various chapters ,(:s/visa-versa/vice versa/).
- Dennis Crunkilton (October 2005) Typographical capitlization correction to sectiontitles, chapter 9.
- Jeff DeFreitas (March 2006)Improve appearance: replace “/" and ”/" Chapters: A1, A2.
- Paul Stokes, Program Chair, Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, ITT Technical Institute, Houston, Tx (October 2004) Change (10012 = -810 + 710 = -110) to (10012 = -810 + 110 = -110), CH2, Binary Arithmetic
- Paul Stokes, Program Chair Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, ITT Technical Institute, Houston, Tx (October 2004) Near "Fold up the corners" change Out=B'C' to Out=B'D', 14118.eps same change, Karnaugh Mapping
- The students of Bellingham Technical College's Instrumentation program, .
- Roger Hollingsworth (May 2003) Suggested a way to make the PLC motor control system fail-safe.
- Jan-Willem Rensman (May 2002) Suggested the inclusion of Schmitt triggers and gate hysteresis to the "Logic Gates" chapter.
- Don Stalkowski (June 2002) Technical help with PostScript-to-PDF file format conversion.
- Joseph Teichman (June 2002) Suggestion and technical help regarding use of PNG images instead of JPEG.
- MWalden@allaboutcircuits.com (June 2008) “Karnaugh Mapping”, Larger Karnaugh Maps, error: s/A'B'D/A'B'D'/.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (March 2008) Ch 15, s/disk/disc/ in CDROM .
- Keith@allaboutcircuits.com (April 2008) Ch 12, s/sat/stage ; 04373.eps correction to caption.
- email@example.com (April 2008) Ch 8, image 14122.eps replace 2nd instance A'B'C'D' with A'B'C'D .
- Ron Harrison (March 2009) Ch 13, image 04256.png, 04257.png Change text and images from 8-comparator to 7-comparator, s/16/15 s/256/255 .
- firstname.lastname@example.org (June 2009) Ch 7, s/first on/first one .
- ruXx@allaboutcircuits.com (November 2009) Ch 7, s/if any only/if and only/ .
- email@example.com (January 2010) Ch 1, 9, s/Lets/Let's/ ; ch 9 too/also.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (January 2012) Ch 9, images: 04477.eps, 04478.eps, 04479.eps corrected.
- Dcrunkilton@allaboutcircuits.com (January 2012) Ch 8, image: 14159.eps corrected.
- email@example.com (January 2014) Ch 11, numerous: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=80569
- Schoen85@allaboutcircuits.com (February 2014) Ch 9, 7-segment text, images: 14169.* 14174.* 14175.* 14176.* 14171.* 04464.* 04483.* 04489.* 04487.*
Lessons In Electric Circuits copyright (C) 2000-2014 Tony R. Kuphaldt, under the terms and conditions of the Design Science License.