Re: [nafex] powdery mildew on grapes

At 09:59 AM 5/31/00 -0700, you wrote:
>The classic treatment is sulfur, though more as a preventative. Once the
>disease has started you have to use wettable sulfur and spray it on.  I've
>also been looking into a new product called OxiDate that looks interesting.
>It's a peroxide compound that releases oxygen when sprayed on and will kill
>established mildew.  I have a paper on it, but it's pretty long to post.
>-Lon Rombough
>Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, more, at http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom

Lon and all;

I have been testing and using a product called Stylet Oil, a food grade
mineral oil to control Powdery Mildew on Gooseberries. It has worked very
well as both a preventitive and also curative. I know that it is used on
grapes and I have heard that it works very well. It is being used at
Cornell and some other places. It has been labeled for PM on many crops and
is available in some places. It is pretty innocuous and does not require
license to use, nor is there a residual problem

Ed Mashburn
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street
Northumberland, PA  17857
(570) 473-9910
WWW.currants.com
Ed@currants.com

22,345,678 matches to your search term?
Inforocket.com is the fast way to the right answer - guaranteed.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4521/0/_/423498/_/959801764/