[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [nafex] Tree Labels

Mark -

  Here is information about the plastic paper that was mentioned in the
label discussion several weeks ago.  The product is an overhead
transparency film, but is opaque white and not transparent.  It is called
"DuraCopy" (product code - 073-40-01), and is manufactured by Arkwright
Incorporated of Fiskeville, Rhode Island.  I have ordered through local
business supply stores.  I have also ordered from WJM Plastics
(1-800-553-7572) - about $28 for a box of 100 sheets (8 1/2 x 11 inch). 
I found them online at http://www.wjmplastics.com/products.html

- Joseph  

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Mark A. Doster wrote:

> Thanks for the comments on making tree labels with the computer.
> However, I have not been able to find the plastic paper (although Office
> Depot sells a type of plastic paper for use in "bound presentations", which
> is laser printer compatible and costs about 2 cents a sheet). 
> --Mark
> Mark Doster
> central San Joaquin Valley, California
> USDA zone 9 
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: Joseph D. Postman 
> >
> >In response to Lon's comment regarding pot and tree labels...
> >
> >  We have explored various labeling technologies, as this is 
> >critical for
> >identifying both potted plants and field trees at the germplasm
> >repository.  For plants growing long-term in pots, we use the "plastic"
> >paper that Lon referred to.  This is a plastic paper-like material that
> >comes in 8 1/2 x 11 sheets, just like regular office paper, 
> >and can be run
> >through a laser printer or photocopy machine.  These can be cut into
> >assorted sizes depending on the labeling needs and affixed to 
> >holes in the
> >lip of the pot using a wire or zip-tie.  We punch a hole in 
> >each label and
> >put a metal grommet in the hole to reinforce this attachment 

Failed tests, classes skipped, forgotten locker combinations. 
Remember the good 'ol days