Re: [nafex] Pawpaw

I have heard rumors of pawpaws being grown from cuttings, but I've never
seen proof of anyone getting a high enough rate of success to make it
commercially feasible.  Tissue culture may be another story.
-Lon Rombough
----------
>From: "Hortus" <HORTUS@worldnet.att.net>
>To: "NAFEX List" <nafex@egroups.com>, "Rare fruit list" <rarefruit@egroups.com>
>Subject: [nafex] Pawpaw
>Date: Sun, Jun 25, 2000, 5:42 PM
>

>*******************************
>
>Has anyone specific info on the propagation of pawpaw
>(Astimina parviflora or Astimina triloba) from cuttings.
>The CA Rare Fruit Growers fact sheet says: it has been done
>with softwood cutttings with mist and under soil heat; with
>hardwood it is not possible.  Hartmann (Pland Prop P&P)
>says: seed propagation only
>
>regards
>Joel
>

>     *************** Hortus USA Corp ***************
>                        International HQ
>PO Box 1956 Old Chelsea Sta, New York NY 10113 USA
>US Importer of US Registered Rhizopon Rooting Hormones
>Maker/Registrant of IBA Water Soluble Salts
>http://www.rooting-hormones.com         info@hortus.com

>Redecorating your house, but can't see to come up with the money?
>Rate businesses in your area to win $5,000. HURRY--CONTEST ENDS 6/30

Click here for savings: beMANY!
http://click.egroups.com/1/4115/0/_/423498/_/961984942/